Advocacy & Mediation
Central & Local Government
Civil Society (voluntary, religious & community)
Homelessness & Housing
Sports & Leisure
- AWARE - Airedale & Wharfedale Autism Resource — is a parent-run group supporting families with children and young adults on the autistic spectrum
- Ability Magazine — is the UK's leading publication about technology for disabled people.
- Able All — is a group of people who set up ABLE ALL to promote the views and needs of anyone living in the Bradford and Keighley areas with physical disabilities who wants a better life
- Access Bus — Dial a ride service for those who are unable to use the ordinary bus. Wheelchair Lift. Facilities are free. Open to residents of Bradford District.
- Action for Access — is the campaign for an accessible UK.
- Action on Hearing Loss — representing deaf and hard of hearing people in the UK. The vision is of a world where deafness and hearing loss are not barriers to opportunity and fulfilment.
- Advice Network & Training Partnership (Bradford District) (ANTP) — is the network of independent advice centres, serving local communities across the whole of Bradford Metropolitan District.
- Advice UK — is an independent advice service.
- Agape Project — provides supported accommodation for male drug users aged 18-40. The project helps residents abstain from using drugs and address issues around drug use and housing support offered includes help to access benefit
- Age UK Bradford & District — provide information about a wide range of services, support, and activities available to older people in the Bradford District.
- Airedale NHS Foundation Trust — provides high quality, personalised, acute, elective and specialist care for a population of over 200,000 people from a widespread area covering West and North Yorkshire and East Lancashire.
- Airevalley Counselling & Therapy — oluntary sector charity for both women and men offering counselling, support groups, complementary therapies and training for health workers.
- Alzheimer's Society (Yorkshire and Humber) — leading the fight against dementia
- Assisi House — accommodation and Resettlement Support for Single homeless Men aged 18 to 65
- Ataxia UK (Bradford Branch) — self help group for sufferers of Ataxia or any Neurological Ataxia
- BBC Bradford, Leeds & West Yorkshire
- BCEP (Bradford Community Environment Project) — aims to contribute to the sustainable regeneration of Bradford, through effective environmental programmes, inspired by local community needs.
- Benefit and Work — information around benefits include tips round medicals
- Blenheim Project — offers temporary accommodation to women with and without children
- Bradford & Airedale Mental Health Advocacy Group (BAMHAG) — is a unique organisation providing Independent Mental Health User Led Services since 1989.
- Bradford & District Disabled People's Forum (BDPF) — is run by disabled people for disabled people and seek to ensure that disabled people are represented on a wide range of strategic, 'decision making' bodies across the district.
- Bradford & District Senior Power (BDSP) — working for older people's rights
- Bradford Action for Refugees — offers advice and support to asylum seekers and refugees throughout the region through various services, groups and networks
- Bradford Buzz — is a social platform for the people of Bradford. Our aim is to promote the best of Bradford and its surrounding areas
- Bradford City Centre Project (BCCP) — is a charity for young people between the age of 16-25 in housing need or facing any other problems in their life.
- Bradford Community Broadcasting (BCB) — broadcasts distinctive radio programmes, made by and for the people of Bradford, on 106.6fm.
- Bradford Council — information about Bradford Council’s services for residents, businesses and visitors to the district.
- Bradford Council for Mosques — intermediary between the Muslim community and the wider Bradford community to encourage and nurture partnership work and social ‘togetherness’.
- Bradford Curry Project — Multi cultural, multi faith charity whose aims are the relief of poverty of people locally who are in conditions of need, hardship and distress.
- Bradford Cyrenians — is committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness through the provision of safe and secure housing, advice and support.
- Bradford Day Shelter — caters for single homeless or people in poor standard of accomodation over 18 years of age
- Bradford Deaf Community Association
- Bradford Diocese — is one of 44 dioceses that make up the Church of England. Through its parish system the C of E has a Christian presence in every community; serving people where they live by faith
- Bradford Disability Sport and Leisure's (BDSL) — year round sports training and competition for disabled people
- Bradford Disabled Christian Fellowship (DCF) — provides the opportunity for people to encounter Jesus Christ , to remove the barriers for disabled people through equipping organisations and churches and by empowering disabled and non-disabled individuals .
- Bradford District Care Trust (BDCT) — is a leading provider of mental health, community health and specialist learning disability services.
- Bradford District Health Partnership Project — works in partnerships with the statutory sector to tackle health inequalities and improve delivery of health services.
- Bradford District Strategic Disability Partnership (SDP) — is a group of people who make sure the needs and hopes of disabled people and their carers are listened to, valued and included in the future plans for the Bradford District.
- Bradford District Tenants & Residents Federation — A voice for our communities
- Bradford Environment Forum — brings together organisations and groups which provide environmental activity in Bradford
- Bradford Environmental Action Trust (BEAT) — works towards a healthy, sustainable environment which improves the quality of life for all people in Bradford and the Yorkshire region.
- Bradford Environmental Education Service (BEES) — is the environmental department of City of Bradford YMCA. We offer a broad range of environmental education opportunities to young people, individuals, community groups, schools and businesses; enabling and inspiring people to make a contribution
- Bradford Health Map — highlights local voluntary and community services that support health and wellbeing. Each area of coverage contains an up-to-date list of Bradford community groups that can assist people with various issues.
- Bradford Keighley Youth Parliament — democratic body aiming to represent the interests of young people
- Bradford Law Centre — offers a free legal advice service to people in the Metropolitan District of Bradford, which includes Shipley and Keighley
- Bradford Metropolitan Food Bank — s a small registered charity, entirely run by volunteers, who receive donations of non-perishable foods from the community and small businesses, to give free of charge to organisations working with vulnerable people in need of food.
- Bradford Nightstop — offers free emergency accommodation to homeless young people aged 16 to 25 in the homes of trained volunteers,on a one night at a time basis
- Bradford People First — a self-advocacy group, run by people with learning disabilities, for people with learning disabilities.
- Bradford Resource Centre (BRC) — is one of the major not-for-profit organisations in the Bradford District, providing a range of training and resources for voluntary sector and community groups, trade unions, campaigning groups and individuals.
- Bradford Samaritans — confidential emotional support service for anyone in Bradford District
- Bradford Speakout — is a group which exists to give a voice to homeless people and those who have experienced homelessness
- Bradford Talking Media — produces information in accessible formats for people who are unable to read written documents.
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust — provides the best quality safe healthcare to the people of Bradford and West Yorkshire.
- Bradford Young Carer’s Service — is a partnership Barnardo’s project working with children and young people aged 5-18 years who have a significant responsibility for caring for a family member who experiences mental health problems.
- Bradford and Airedale Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) — provides advice services throughout the Bradford Metropolitan District
- Bradford and Airedale Hate Crime Reporting Centres — Bradford Hate Crime Reporting Centres
- Bradford and District Autistic Support Group (BADASG) — is to help families with children on the autistic spectrum
- Bradnet — is a user-led organisation that seeks to empower and enable disabled people to lead their chosen lifestyle by providing appropriate services such as: person-centred outreach and advocacy, one-to-one support and welfare rights advice
- CHAS Housing Aid — provides free legal advice and assistance to anyone threatened with homelessness. We also provide free debt advice, money management and support to people who need skills to maintain a home and a budget, providing assistance
- CNet (Bradford & District Empowerment Network Ltd — work to ensure that views of voluntary and community groups and active citizens are heard on the key decision-making partnerships
- Cancer Support Bradford & Airedale — provide practical, social and emotional help and support to over 3,500 people per year throughout the Bradford and Airedale District. All services are free to cancer patients, carers, families and bereaved people
- CareAware UK — is a public information and advisory service specialising in the issues relating to funding long term care for older people.
- Carers Christian Fellowship — aims to offer a link and support for Christians who are caring in some way for a relative, friend or neighbour.
- Carers Direct — information, advice and support for carers
- Carers Resource — provides a starting point for all carers looking for more information and support.
- Carers UK — the voices of carers
- Carers’ Connection Bradford — A service for any carer, offering advice, activities, information and support in the Bradford District
- Centre Resolution Conflicts (CRC) — is a community-led peace and conflict resolution-training centre. It is based in Bradford to serve all communities of Bradford District
- Centre for Welfare Reform — works to redesign the welfare state in order to increase social justice, promote citizenship, strengthen families and enrich our communities.
- Choice Advocacy — provide crisis advocacy for adults with learning disabilities within the Bradford District. Crisis Advocacy is a one-to-one partnership between an independent paid advocate and a person with learning disabilities.
- Christian Against Poverty (CAP) — is a national debt counselling charity with a network of 190 centres based in local churches. CAP offers hope and a solution to anyone in debt through its unique, in-depth service.
- Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) — get free anonymous debt advice from the UK's leading debt charity
- Contact Peer Support — s a support service for disabled people across Bradford and District
- Crisis — is the national charity for single homeless people. Which is dedicated to ending homelessness by delivering life-changing services and campaigning for change.
- Crisis Support Service - Bevan House — is focussed specifically on meeting the need for practical help and emotional support for those individuals and families who are homeless or otherwise in crisis.
- Crossroads Care Airedale and Bradford — providing practical support to carers in the Airedale and Bradford area
- DIVA Bradford — brings together information on Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) groups in a single directory.
- Department of Health (DH) — provides strategic leadership for public health, the NHS and social care in England.
- Department of Work & Pensions (DWP)
- Disability Advice Bradford (DAB) — provides free and impartial advice and information to disabled people, their carers and families in the Bradford Metroplitan area.
- Disability News Service (DNS) — is to address the absence of in-depth reporting in both the specialist and mainstream media on issues that affect the lives of disabled people.
- Disability Rights UK — Disability Rights UK aim to be the largest national pan-disability organisation led by disabled people
- Disabled People Against the Cuts (DPAC) — disabled people should not be the scapegoats for the financial mistakes of governments, should not be constantly told that there is no money to support them by millionaire politicians
- DisabledGo — find detailed information about the access to all kinds of places - hotels, restaurants, colleges, tourist attractions, libraries, hospitals, leisure centres - the list goes on!
- Easy Health — was created so that it is easier for Learning Disability to find health information that is easy to understand.
- Equity Partnership — working with and for Bradford's lesbian, gay and trans communities
- Fairweather Project — providing Housing and Support for Vulnerable Adults and Children
- First Bradford — provides local bus services in Bradford
- Foundation for people with Learning Disability — works to influences government and local authority policies and services so that they better meet the needs people with learning disabilities, their families and carers and raise awareness of learning disability issues amongst the wider public, in o
- Franciscan Friars of the Renewal — Provide a faith-filled response to the mission of Jesus Christ by proclaiming the love that God has by serving the poor of Bradford.
- Frixo - Live traffic reports when you need them — Aimed at giving you live traffic news and information
- Guideline Bradford — is a district wide telephone helpline offering mental health information and support services to people experiencing mental distress, their carers and families, or anyone with concerns about their own or another’s mental well being
- Health Protection Agency (HPA) — ole is to provide an integrated approach to protecting UK public health through the provision of support and advice to the NHS, local authorities, emergency services, other arms length bodies, the Department of Health and the devolved administrations
- Holme Christian Community Advice Service — The aims of the service are to provide a comprehensive welfare benefits and debt service
- Homeless Link — represent and supports over 480 organisation working with homeless people in the UK
- Hope Housing — provides emergency accommodation in volunteers homes across Bradford for people who have no where to stay for that night.
- Horton Outreach & The Restaurant In The Church Ltd — Provides lunches and help with shopping for the retired and disabled. Educational classes for job seekers. Placement for training. Rooms available for letting at the St. Columba's Centre. Unique restaurant facilities available for groups and parties
- Humanist Society of West Yorkshire — Humanism is an approach to life based on humanity and reason rather than religious faith or dogma
- Just West Yorkshire — promotes racial justice, civil liberties and human rights in the North of England.
- Keighley & Bradford Pensioners Association (KBPA) — a voice of Pensioners in the Bradford District
- Keighley & Craven People First — is a self advocacy charity run by and for adults with learning disabilities
- Keighley & District Travel — runs high quality bus services in and around Keighley and the Worth Valley, with regular services to Bradford, Leeds, Skipton, Ilkley and Hebden Bridge
- Keighley & Ilkley Voluntary and Community Action (KIVCA) — provides support to local voluntary organisations and charities in and around Keighley and Ilkley.
- Keighley News — news from across Keighley and surrounding area
- Keighley Town Council — information about Keighley Town Council’s services for residents, businesses and visitors to the district
- Keyhouse — provides advice services - welfare benefits, housing, there are fully accessible advice offices in both Bradford and Keighley. Provision of supported housing across all the Bradford district, plus emergency hostel for 16 - 25 year olds.
- Luv2meetU — is a friendship and dating agency for people with a learning disability aged over 18.
- Making Space — has carer support workers based in community mental health teams across the district. It offers specialist one to one support to carers of someone experiencing mental health difficulties.
- Manningham Mills Community Centre (MMCA)
- Manningham Mills Sport & Community Association (MMSA) — promotes equal opportunities within sport locally by working towards increased involvement and access to wide ranging facilities by all communities and providing support for the talent which exists within those communities.
- Manningham Project — provides advice on welfare benefits, immigration, employment, debt and housing.
- Mencap — works in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose.
- Mental Health Foundation — is committed to reducing the suffering caused by mental ill health and to help everyone lead mentally healthier lives and helps people to survive, recover from and prevent mental health problems.
- Mind — provide information to help promote understanding of mental health and campaign to create a society
- Mind in Bradford — s an independent organisation affiliated to Mind (National Association for Mental Health) that works towards a better life for people experiencing mental ill health and distress
- Mind the Gap — is an award-winning touring theatre company that works with learning disabled and non-disabled actors as equals, and are based in Bradford, Yorkshire
- Mobility Advice Line (MAL) — is a public enquiry service for all UK based disabled people and their carers about how to retain or enhance their mobility and independence via adapted personal transport where necessary.
- Multi-Agency Supported Tenancies Scheme (MASTS) — supported housing for young people aged between 16 - 25
- NHS Airedale, Bradford & Leeds — is the local leader of health across the district. As a primary care trust we are responsible for all the health services delivered in our local community.
- NHS Bradford Districts Clinical Commissioning Groups — Bradford Clinical Commissioning Groups
- NHS Direct — is here to make a difference to the lives of people in England, 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
- National Debtline — offer debt advice for people living in different parts of the country. This is because the law concerning debt varies depending on whether you live in England and Wales or Scotland. You can be confident that the advice we offer is targeted to you.
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) — was set up in 1999 to reduce variation in the availability and quality of NHS treatments and care - the so called ‘postcode lottery' and also produce public health guidance recommending best ways to encourage healthy living, promote wellbeing .
- National Rail Enquiries — is the gateway to Britain's National Rail network.
- Palm Cove Society — provides supported accommodation for single homeless refugees, eligible destitute asylum seekers or migrants and unaccompanied asylum seeker children leaving care
- RNIB — supporting blind and partially sighted people
- Relate Bradford — previously known as Marriage Guidance - advice, relationship counselling, sex therapy, workshops, consultations and support face-to-face and by phone
- Rethink — that believes a better life is possible for millions of people affected by mental illness.
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Leeds — is a Roman Catholic diocese of the Latin Rite centred around Leeds Cathedral in the city of Leeds in West Yorkshire, England.
- Royal National Institute For The Blind - North Region (RNIB) — is UK’s leading charity offering information, support and advice to over two million people with sight problems.
- SACAR — is a charity dedicated to support adults (aged 16 and above) with Asperger's Syndrome and Autism. (SACAR in the Sanskrit language means Positive Creation).
- Say no to 0870 — is a UK website with a directory of non-geographic telephone numbers and their geographical alternatives.
- Sense — supports and campaigns for children and adults who are deafblind. We provide tailored support, advice and information as well as specialist services to all deafblind people
- Sharing Voices Bradford — offer a range of self help groups for men and women. We also offer befriending, volunteering and training opportunities for people from Black and Minority Ethnic Communities in Bradford. Our organisation is aimed at adults and young people from BME
- Shelter — is a charity that works to alleviate the distress caused by homelessness and bad housing.
- Sight Airedale — supporting registered sight impaired people living in Keighley, Silsden, Bingley, Ilkley, Skipton, Cross Hills, Settle, Barnoldswick.
- St Mary's New Horizons Care in the Community (New Horizons) — elderly persons' day centre. "Monday Club". Home visiting and befriending service. Signposting. Haven on the Green Cafe for people with dementia and their carers, with a well being focus.
- St Paul's Church Manningham - Homeless Drop in Cafe
- Step Up Enterprise — aims to encourage young people into business - helps develop the skills, knowledge and attitudes needed for enterprising citizens, students, employees, business leaders or entrepreneurs
- Support Solutions Ltd — is an established national consultancy, coaching and training agency
- Telegraph & Argus — news from across Bradford and surrounding area
- The 1 in 12 Club — Social club, arts, activities and campaigns centre run on anarchist principles
- The Cellar Project — runs workshops that aim to enable people with mental health issues to develop the necessary self-confidence and skills to make realistic, informed choices to help them fulfill their potential.
- Together — believed that people with mental health issues have the right and the abilities to lead independent, fulfilling lives as part of their communities.
- Turn2us — charitable service which helps people access the money available to them – through welfare benefits, grants and other help.
- UK Disabled People's Council (UKDPC) — are the national umbrella organisation of disabled people, run and controlled by, and representing the voices of disabled people in the UK.
- Useful Links for Young People — information for young people... on all sorts of things
- Vision Homes Association (VHA) — support adults who have multiple and complex disabilities, including visual impairment, acquired brain injuries, challenging behaviours, learning disabilities and complex health needs.
- WRVS — is an age positive charity. Our volunteers deliver personal and practical support to help older people and we raise awareness of the issues older people face through our campaigns and research
- WY Metro — public transport for West Yorkshire
- Walkit.com — The urban walking route planner
- We are Spartacus — disabled people's views on welfare reform
- West Yorkshire Family Mediation Service — for parents and couples at any stage of separation or divorce
- West Yorkshire Methodist District — the Methodist churches in the West Yorkshire District share in the calling of the Methodist Church to respond to the gospel of God’s love in Jesus Christ and to live out our discipleship in worship and mission.
- West Yorkshire Urgent Care — is now one local number to get the right NHS services when you need them urgently.
- YoungMinds — is the UK’s leading charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people.
- healthwatch Bradford and District — Here to make sure your views on health and social care services in Bradford and District are heard.
- healthwatch England (HWE) — your national spotlight on care services